Reading aloud and sharing stories with your child is a great way to spend time together. Here are some programs to try.
First 5 Forever Storytime
First 5 Forever helps prepare children for school and develops:
- good listening skills and a love of reading and learning
- motor skills
- memory, sequencing and rhyming skills
- socialising, creativity and family fun.
This is done through singing, rhymes, stories, and craft. These free sessions are suitable for babies and preschool children.
The sessions are held at:
- Goomeri Library: Fridays 9.30am-10.00am
- Imbil Library: Thursdays 10am-10.30am
- Kilkivan Library: Fridays 9.30am-10.00am
- Rainbow Beach Library: Mondays 10.30am-11.00am
- Tin Can Bay Library: Thursdays 9.30am-10.00am
Gympie: First 5 Forever Baby Bounce & Storytime at Gympie Library
- Storytime (3-5 year olds): Mondays 9.30am-10am
- Rhyme Time (1-3 year olds): Tuesdays 9.30am-10am
- Baby Bounce (0-1 year olds): Wednesdays 9.30am-10am
Visit first5forever.org.au for more information.
"First 5 Forever is an initiative of the Queensland Government, coordinated by State Library of Queensland and delivered in partnership with local government”.
Story Box Library
This is a place where storytellers read books by Australian authors and illustrators. Use your Gympie Regional Libraries membership card number to log in.
LOTE Online for Kids
LOTE Online for Kids is an online database of digital books in World Languages, that allows kids to enjoy the magic of books in LOTE (Languages Other Than English). Each book also comes with English translations to help kids learn languages.
Get reading tips and find rhymes, songs and stories to share with children from birth to five years.